RSVP is now closed, you can check if you are on the list here: http://www.eurocircle.com/community/calendar/event/401-ec-chicago/
EuroCircle in association with Music Box Films Presents a SNEAK PREVIEW screening of “MONSIEUR LAZHAR” for members only. http://www.monsieurlazharmovie.com/
MONSIEUR LAZHAR tells the poignant story of a Montreal middle school class shaken by the death of their beloved teacher. Newly arrived Algerian immigrant Bachir Lazhar (Fellag) offers the school his services as a substitute teacher, and is quickly hired. As he helps the children heal, Bachir also learns to accept his own painful past. MONSIEUR LAZHAR features exquisite performances by Fellag and a stunning ensemble of child actors.
We have 20 tickets available for members in Chicago. Tickets are given on first come first served basis as you RSVP. Once we reach 20 tickets you will be placed on a waiting list with no guarantees. You MUST be a member to rsvp…no guests only members. If you want to invite a friend make sure they register and RSVP themselves.
* Official Oscar Nomination – Canada: Best Foreign Language Film
* Toronto International Film Festival 2011: Winner – Best Canadian Feature Film
* Locarno Film Festival 2011: Winner – Prix Du Public Award
* Locarno Film Festival 2011: Winner – Variety Piazza Grande Award
* Namur Film Festival 2011: Winner – Special Jury Award
* Hamburg Film Festival 2011: Winner – Art Cinema Award
* Windsor International Film Festival 2011: Winner – People’s Choice Award
* Official Selection – Sundance Film Festival 2012
* Winner Canadian Film Critics 2012
Music Box Films wants to know:
Who is your #FavTeacher?Nominate the special teacher in your life today!
A Music Box Films Release. Visit the film’s page on music box’s site.
Award-winning writer-director Philippe Falardeau’s fourth feature was adapted from the play “Bashir Lazhar” by Montreal playwright Evelyne de la Cheneliere. Best known in France for his stand up comedy, Fellag was born and raised in Algeria and worked extensively in theater until 1995 when he moved to Paris during the Algerian Civil War.
Directed and written by Philippe Falardeau. Produced by Luc Déry and Kim McCraw. Edited by Stéphane Lafleur. Starring Fellag. A micro_scope (Incendies) production. 94 Minutes. In French with English Subtitles. Not yet rated.
Chicago – Apr 19
Thursday April 19 – 6:30pm
Location: Music Box Theatre
Address: 3733 North Southport Avenue – Chicago, IL