1) Photographers present at EuroCircle events are considered under “work for hire”.
This means that Eurocircle retains the rights for all images taken at our private events unless otherwise stated, as long as these have a recognizable person in it. We are responsible for putting up or taking down any photos of people upon request. EuroCircle will, most of the time, grant a free license to the photographers to use these photos in their portfolios but only in their portfolios. Please note: In Illinois Photographers can not use images that contain a person’s likeness without their written consent and there is no legal implied or oral release (ILCS 765 – Illinois Right of Publicity Act) Request for written consent must first be approved by Eurocircle. Eurocircle is solely responsible for taking down any and or all pictures or likeness of any member that requests so by contacting us.
2) Photographers are not allowed to resell someone’s likeness taken at one of our private events.
Please note that this is very important. You are not allowed to sell prints having the likeness of a member unless approved by Eurocircle. If someone wants to buy a print of a particular photo they must first contact Eurocircle for approval first and we will authorize transaction from that member to you if there are no restrictions where another member is present and has requested to not have his/her likeness resold.
3) Eurocircle usually grants photographers a free license, upon request, to promote the photos on their own website or printed portfolio as long as no personal information about the subjects is being exposed and the photos of members are not sold for commercial purposes.
Please note: Publishing photos on Facebook without authorization is hereby forbidden especially when attaching a members names to a Facebook galleries unless individually authorized by writing by the model or the person whose likeness is being used or by EuroCircle Such authorization remains at the sole discretion of EuroCircle.
4) Under no circumstances can photos taken under “work for hire” and provided to EuroCircle contain watermarks of any sort.
What all this means is that we are happy to have a photographer come to our events but this person must understand that they will be under “work for hire” and will not retain the copyright of the photos involving members. Eurocircle will be happy to let the photographer keep copies of the photos as long as they are not going to be resold either individually or bulk or to a stock photography service. This is hereby expressively forbidden. Any release forms must be approved by Eurocircle in written. In exchange for providing photos free of any watermark, Eurocircle will promote the photographer and offer, amongst other perks, a free Corporate Directory listing as well as a recognition on the city page for being the official photographer.
- You will come to a private event where you will take photos under “work for hire”.
- You will hand the photos at your convenience and we will approve which ones can be shared in our gallery and in your own portfolio or site.
- You will not be able to profit from selling photos taken at our events unless you can provide a written a model release for each person whose likeness will be captured.
- In exchange for your services we will strongly promote your business on our site(s), emails and during events and provide continued referral business.
I know this sounds complicated but nobody likes to be sued by someone who was not fully lets say ‘alert’ during an event. By working for us under “work for hire” you will have EuroCircle dealing with any legal issues. For the last ten years we have had excellent relationship with the many companies and individual photographers we have worked for. We just need to make sure the likeness of our members is not used for commercial purposes outside of the EuroCircle website.
We want to work with you and our objective is to promote your business and showcase the quality of your work. If you have any questions about this policy or would like to request to have your likeness removed from ‘the website’ please contact EuroCirle at email@example.com. If you are a photographer interested in working with us, please contact your local Circle from our About page.